London - Yay I got a job!
This week started fantastically with 3 job offers in the space of 2 days...thank goodness as I was beginning to think there was something seriously wrong with me! Anyway, I decided to take a role at Shell as I thought it would be a good career decision given I will be coming back to Perth soonish. The downside of this role is that it is going to take me 1 hour to get to work compared to the Credit Suisse and Barclays role which were both based in Canary Wharf (yes, I am giving up being able to walk to work and to not smell people's armpits on the tube...).
We had dinner at Jane & Ed's on Monday so I finally got to see her apartment. Jane is such a good cook...who needs Viet Hoa when you have Jane cooking for you!
Dinner with Yang's cousins on his Dad's side at Four Seasons on Wednesday, which included watching the last half of the Champion League Cup final between Arsenal and Barcelona FC which was very exciting as Barcelona scored 2 great goals so close to the end to ultimately win the Cup.
Inspired by Jane's cooking on Monday, I went all the way to See Woo Oriental supermarket in Greenwich to buy groceries so I could try out her recipe myself. Used Sean, Loreen, Felix and Yang as guinea pigs on Thursday...I think it turned out okay as I saw them the next day and they didn't seem to be suffering from food poisoning!
Friday was my first day of work at Shell...almost fell asleep with the amount of reading they put in front of me...thankfully I had Corinne's leaving drinks that evening to look forward to! Check out Corin's Blog for more photos.On Saturday, F&L, Linh, Kah Leng, Joe, Sean, Henry, Yang & I headed to Cambridge to celebrate Loreen's birthday. We stayed in a hotel by a canal called the Moat House Garden House (not sure who named that hotel, but I think they only needed the word 'house' once). We went for a walking tour around Cambridge and then went punting where the boys took turns in controlling the punt (some more successfully than others as there were several collisions with other punters and the canal walls along the way!).

- King's College and its famous Chapel (built by Henry VI and then finished by Henry VIII)
- Wren Library (named after Sir Christopher Wren who designed the Library and also designed most of London including St Pauls. The Wren Library is in Trinity College which is where Prince Charles studied)
- Joe waving to a punt that we were about to collide with during his 30 second turn at punting and Sean showing us how it should be done.
- Canals and St John's College interpretation of the Bridge of Sighs in VeniceAfter a busy day sightseeing, F&L, Linh, Kah Leng, Yang & I celebrated Loreen's birthday in style at the Midsummer House. The restaurant had 2 Michelin stars and the food and service were fantastic which was a great relief given how disappointing some Michelin star restaurants in London are.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home