Sunday, May 14, 2006

London - Looking for work

Another week of meeting recruitment agents (and I can't emphasise how horrible they are to deal with, most dishonest bunch of people ever...they just try to talk you into everything) and going to actual interviews.

By the end of the week I was most depressed that I still hadn't got a job (well I was offered one role, but it was 1/2 hour out of London) so I cheered myself up by going shopping and buying a pair of shoes (and since Sean moved out on Saturday there is so much more space for shoes on the shoe rack!).

Saturday was mostly spent helping Sean move house and cleaning Sean's room after he moved. It was amazing how much he had accumulated in London in less than a year.

On Sunday, Yang went to the V&A for a special exhibition and then I met him for lunch at Oriental Canteen. After lunch we (well mainly I) went shopping around Knightsbridge and Sloane Square. Then met Henry at the Sherlock Holmes Museum at 221b Baker Street:
1. Sonia in Sherlock Holme's bedroom
2. Yang smoking a pipe with Dr Watson
3. Henry on Sherlock Holme's commode



Conveniently, Darren and Kelly were having their leaving drinks next door at The Volunteer so we went over and had a few before having dinner at Base (also on Baker Street).

1 Comments:

At 1:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the shoes! Enjoy the time off I say (*grin*).

Keep up the bloggs as well. At least i have a few minutes of escapism through them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home