London - Yang's last work week for the year!
Tuesday 6 & Wednesday 7 November 2007
This was the last week at our apartment in Canary Wharf where we have stayed for the last 3 years. Interestingly, I didn't feel sad to leave...maybe because I am really really really looking forward to moving back to Perth?!
Thanks to everyone who has offered to put us up whilst we are homeless in London! Thanks to Tammy and Linus for driving across London during peak hour traffic to cart all our stuff to our new temporary abode. Finally, we have to extend our greatest appreciation to Peter and Ammy on whom we finally decided to impose ourselves!
After we had finished moving everything to Peter and Ammy's on Wednesday, we headed out with our new housemates and Hoi-Yee for dinner at the Hellanic Greek restaurant up the road. It was really good value for money.
Thursday 8 November 2007
After work, I met up with Jane and Mariani for a Champagne evening at Hugo Boss on Queen Street. It wasn't as flash as the Daks evening the girls and I went to previously, but it was enjoyable to catch up again.
I left the Champagne evening early to meet Yang for his leaving drinks at Skinkers London Bridge. He had convinced me to come as to most of his colleagues I was apparently his "imaginary wife" as I had only met his boss on two occasions and no one else during his 2.5 years at Ofcom. Drinks were followed by dinner at DimT also at London Bridge and then home to Finchley Road.
Friday 9 November 2007
It was Yang's last day of work and also our last day in London for a couple of weeks. So after being warned by Peter, Ammy and Richard that we would be craving Chinese food (or any decent food for that matter) during our trip, we headed to a local Chinese Restaurant on Finchley Road to get our fix. Then we went back to the flat to drink our last bottle of Dom Pérignon as the following day, Peter & Ammy were leaving for India & Australia, and we were leaving for Egypt.











0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home